< Back to Employment Opportunities
Unit Coordinator/Clinical Secretary – Full Time- JOB#1719
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
The Home Health Unit Coordinator/Clinical Secretary acts as front-line contact person for incoming personnel, visitors, physicians, etc., and does so in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner. The clinical secretary is responsible for routine clerical matters and assuring that documents flow in a coordinated and efficient manner.
M-F, 8 hour shifts, Full Time
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in health care data entry, preferably in home health care information systems.
- Organization, attention to detail.
- American Heart Association BLS certification.
- • Properly answer telephones and route calls to their proper destination, including accurate message taking and communication of clear, concise information.
• Sends doctor’s orders to physicians when received from nurses for his/her signature. Keeps current log of what is sent to make sure they are returned with signature.
• Files clinical documentation in the patient’s clinical record– Scan and file in the EMR patient charts. File paper copies into patient’s paper charts in drawers
• Dara entry for doctors & facilities into the EMR system
• Make patient’s in-home orange folders
• Keeps & maintains logs for multiple tracking & regulatory requirements.
• Enters lab data for the nurses so labels can be printed in the lab.
• Print off & fax notifications to physicians, then scan these into the patient’s chart in the EMR.
• Prepares admission packets for all different agencies, for specific disciplines, and specific payors.
• Prepares Thank You letters for hospice donations, has the director sign these, and sends them out.
• Maintains nurse on-call log current for both the answering service and the nurse log.
• Keeps track of needed office supplies and orders as needed.
• Keeps track of medical clinical supplies and orders as needed.
• Attends, takes notes, and maintains minutes of meetings.
• Manage mail going in & out–disperse and open mail 2-3x/day
• Compile and assist with end of month reports or tasks for quality monitoring and/or other reports as needed by the director.
• Departmental orientation of new employees (explaining items relating to administration).
• Compiling reports for PAC (statistics, OBQI reports). Taking minutes at PAC meetings and typing up minutes.
Hiring range depending on experience is $17.50 to $23.80
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.