Physical Therapist – Full Time – JOB# 1384
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
Physical Therapist Estes Park Health is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health Rehabilitation Services works with every resident of or visitor to the Estes Valley to provide options for rehabilitation.These services are provided through our outpatient services and our Home Health Services. Outpatient rehabilitation services are provided in our gym. Our clinical treatment area at the hospital provides privacy and care by our team of professionals with a variety of clinical expertise.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy provided by licensed staff members
- Comprehensive rehabilitation programs for patients who require orthopedic, neurological, cardiac and pulmonary services
- Specialized treatment programs in joint replacement, sports medicine, neuromuscular pain relief, craniosacral therapy and myofascial release techniques, postural assessments, geriatrics, and custom fitting of pressure garments and orthotics
- Consistent staffing and follow-up care between home care and outpatient departments with both services located at Estes Park Health
The Physical Therapist will practice Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and Standards of Practice policy.
Full Time, Shifts will vary. *The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Graduate of an approved program of Physical Therapy
- Two years department/facility experience preferred
- Must have, or be eligible for, State Licensure/Registration to be obtained within one year, or as per state law
- American Heart Association BLS required
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- Keep current and adhere to EPH Policies and Procedures
- Practice Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and Standards of Practice policy
- Respect and understand the patient’s right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions
- Practice ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
- Responsible for accurately interpreting and carrying out the prescription of the physician; receiving and translating information and in charting and reporting
- Evaluate/treat patients of many ages (adolescents, adults, geriatrics), races, creeds, genders and disabilities without bias or prejudice; function as a staff physical therapist as necessary
- Preparation of daily attendance records, evaluations, daily treatment notes, progress and discharge reports; ensure protection of confidential patient information
- Maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the patient/department/facility with efficient use of time
- Ensure that all referral sources are advised of department/facility action with the case referred
- Confer with the person(s) most closely associated with the active management of the patient and to keep them informed of any additional patient needs, treatment modifications and/or progress
- Exercise necessary inter- and intradepartmental/facility communications
- Demonstrate coordination of sight and body movements in various applications of procedures; techniques of assisting and handling patients and ability to handle professional equipment
- Immediately report any concerns/issues with equipment used for physical therapy to ensure patient and employee safety
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to emergency situations; be alert to changes in patient’s condition and all activities of the department/facility
- Supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants per APTA guidelines
- Supervision of Physical Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant students as needed
- Supervision of volunteers who may assist in the department/facility
- Attend Department Director meetings as required to discuss department/facility processes and procedures; report/discuss current and future activities, goals and needs of the department
- Assist the Director with the revision of any procedures with department/facility personnel as necessary
- Assist the Director to plan for future improvements in procedures/organization of the department/facility and any new programs to be developed within the department/facility
- Assist in the recruitment of applicants for staff therapy positions
- Assist with orientation of new personnel to department procedures
- Keep abreast of new techniques and trends in the field of Physical Therapy
- Attend conventions, meetings or special courses; share information gained with department/facility personnel
- Maintain good public relations with all community sources
- Preparation and delivery of presentations for community groups as requested
- Participate in committees as assigned
- Delegate portions of the above listed duties to department/facility personnel in line with the best use of time and experience of such personnel
- All other duties as assigned
Base Pay $39.26 – $51.84
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.