< Back to Employment Opportunities
Perioperative Services Manager – JOB#1723
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Perioperative Services Department Manager is responsible for the day-to-day clinical operations and oversight of the Perioperative Services department, providing leadership and guidance to the front-line staff in collaboration with the department director of Perioperative Services. The management spectrum covers planning, organizing, delegating, coordinating, staff utilization, resource management and allocation, cost controls and compliance.
Full Time, M-F
- All Staff Members perform in accordance with Estes Park Health’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Determines, coordinates, and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels consistent with patient needs and scheduling
- Assesses quality of services delivered along with facilitating staff development programs. Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Provides direction, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff.
- Performs performance evaluations and disciplinary actions in cooperation with Senior Director when appropriate
- Helps recruit, interview and hire new employees in cooperation with HR and Senior Director
- Assists Department Director in conducting performance evaluations of all Surgical Services staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations of all Diagnostic Imaging staff.
- Develops, implements, and maintains all radiology department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assessing all administrative and practice processes while continuously generating ideas for solutions and improvements of practice.
- Resolves any medical-administrative problems keeping lines of communication with staff ensuring high employee moral and professional conduct internally as well as during patient care.
- In Kronos, verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records. Also, keeps track leave time, including but not limited to, PTO, sick leave, FMLA, and STD/LTD.
- Handles all employee related paperwork, including but not limited to, Personal Action Requests, User Access Forms, and FTE and Posting Requests, and ensures information is sent off to HR in a timely manner.
- Alerts appropriate individuals regarding ethical and legal concerns, following the chain of command (i.e., director, rick management, quality).
- Provides accurate and measurable quality metrics goals to staff and quality/safety Director
- Responsible for producing and maintaining budget and capital needs in cooperation with Senior Director
- Performs all job-related duties as assigned; may have additional department-specific duties assigned as deemed necessary by management to meet business needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Outlook and Teams
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with department staff, EPH personnel and external entities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with good organization skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in conformance with standard operating procedures and conditions with a systematic approach to tasks committed to seeing things through to completion.
- Action oriented demonstrating the ability to handle large workload demands and to troubles shoot issues timely when required.
- Customer focused. Providing timely, confident, reliable, and friendly service to all our internal and external customers.
- Ability to keep accurate, legible records and recognize the need to handle these records and all other information in line with regulatory agencies.
- Knows how to use all surgical equipment.
- Builds strong relationships with medical and administrative staff.
- Works carefully in a fast-paced environment and is detail oriented.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program and must possess a valid Colorado RN license or a valid multistate RN license through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership in the perioperative areas; 3 years in the department manager role; preferred certifications in CNOR, CAPA, CPAN and the ability to become certified in one or all within one year post hire date
- Active certifications in BLS, ACLS, and PALS (American Heart Association)
$45.70-$62.15, depending on experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.