Patient Access Representative – PRN – JOB# 1073
Patient Access Representative
Estes Park Health is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
A Patient Access Representative is responsible for registering patients in a timely and accurate manner. The Representative will gather demographic and insurance information to identify the patient and accuracy of the medical record, while also securing method of payment for services rendered. This includes validating insurance eligibility & benefits information, explaining benefits and authorization processes to our patients, and collecting payment at time of service when appropriate. Communicates with clinical departments involved in the care of the patient, to ensure a good hand off to the patient’s point of service. As the first point of contact at EPH, the Patient Access Representative will maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor that results in a positive experience for new and returning patients
Will work as needed, varied shifts
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work within a fast paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good Customer Service skills for communication on the phone and in person.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
Base Pay $14.78 – 18.84 +PRN Differential