Patient Access Representative – PRN – JOB# 1568
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
A Patient Access Representative is responsible for registering patients in a timely and accurate manner. The Representative will gather demographic and insurance information to identify the patient and accuracy of the medical record, while also securing method of payment for services rendered. This includes validating insurance eligibility & benefits information, explaining benefits and authorization processes to our patients, and collecting payment at time of service when appropriate. Communicates with clinical departments involved in the care of the patient, to ensure a good hand off to the patient’s point of service. As the first point of contact at EPH, the Patient Access Representative will maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor that results in a positive experience for new and returning patients
Will work as needed, varied shifts. *The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work within a fast paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good Customer Service skills for communication on the phone and in person.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Greet and interview patients and/or family to obtain accurate and complete registration information.
- Accurately and efficiently enter all necessary data into EPH Systems.
- Obtains photo identification and insurance cards from patients to ensure identity of patient.
- Communicates with the referring or receiving provider of service so patient can access appropriate care.
- Verifies eligibility of insurance, and benefit information and communicates this information with the patient.
- Collects copayment at time of service and payment options when significant patient liability is identified. Refers patient to Financial Counselor when need is identified for assistance.
- Compliant for requirements related to registering and gathering information for Medicare patients, which includes Medical Necessity, ABN (Advance Beneficiary Notice) and MSPQ (Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire).
- Assists with coverage across all registration areas within PFS to effectively handle all functions of the registration process. Must be able to work in two of four registration areas (Outpatient, Clinics, ED, and Urgent Care).
- Assist PFS Billing with special projects as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and EPH’s policies and procedures, both at work and in off-hours.
- Courteously answers telephone calls and promptly returns voice mail messages, route calls and take accurate messages as appropriate.
- Participates in staff meetings, team building exercises and educational competencies to ensure Representative is up to date on latest requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
Base Pay $14.78 – 18.84 +PRN Differential
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.