Patient Access Service Center Representative – Full Time – JOB#1712
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Purpose and Scope:
Patient Access Service Center Representative is responsible for scheduling and registering patents for all modalities including but not limited to admissions, surgical procedures and diagnostic testing throughout Estes Park Health utilizing a computerized scheduling EMR System and multiple software applications. The employee will have interactions with all levels of staff and management, physicians, patients and families to obtain information to properly schedule and register services. The employee will use judgement and clinical knowledge to adjust schedules and accommodate special requests from internal and external customers.
Mon-Friday, 8hrs, Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All Staff Members perform in accordance with Estes Park Health’s Mission, Vision and Values
- 20% – Responsible for accurately Scheduling patient appointments utilizing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Epic System Work Queues, Referrals, Phone or Fax
- 20% – Obtains Insurance Authorizations through Payer websites and/or phone call for all Outpatient and Inpatient procedures requiring a Pre-Authorization. Assure regulatory and compliance requirements following local payor coverage determinations by running Medical Necessity Checks when needed and completes necessary ABN.
- 20% – Capturing and documenting all pertinent patient demographics (i.e., subscriber/guarantor insurance information including Policy and ID number, payor address and phone number and other contact information). Obtains required data to support hospital clinical/financial needs.
- 10% – Insurance Verification and Benefits obtained by running Real Time Eligibility (RTE)
- 10% – Capture accurate Benefit information to be able to run a Financial Estimate for patient’s scheduled procedure. Refers Patients for financial counseling, when applicable
- 10% – Expected to meet all Goals set by the department management to include, but not limited to: Productivity, Accuracy, Work Queue assignments, Collections and Customer Satisfaction
- 5% – Utilizes courteous and professional telephone techniques and interpersonal skills to establish / maintain rapport with patients, physicians/office personnel and various hospital personnel, while maintaining patient confidentiality. Appropriate utilizes ACD telephone System.
- 3% – Works according to standard operating procedure during EMR or other system Downtimes
- 2% – Performs any and all related job duties as assigned; may have additional department specific duties assigned as deemed necessary by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of Computers and all MS Office Software applications
- Ability to work independently, emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Protected Health Information
- Ability to be flexible and manage change and ability to work with speed and accuracy while completing multiple projects is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of billing requirements and proper documentation of.
- Must be able to meet tight time frames and have excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates mastery of enterprise-wide scheduling and registration.
- Required to be able to handle complex scheduling, Authorizations and Complete Pre-Registration process
- Must possess detailed understanding and knowledge of insurance guidelines and protocols, the components of full verification, and payer information/requirements.
- Demonstrates proficiency in medical terminology, including diagnoses and operative procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the current scheduling and registration EMR Software.
- Record of outstanding performance in the department
- The ability to act as a Mentor to PASC Reps
- Participates in committees as assigned
Education and Experience
- 2 or 4-year college degree preferred
- Advanced degree (Associates, Bachelors, Masters) may be considered in lieu of experience
- 2-3 years of medical office experience, or 4 years of customer service experience, required.
- Thorough knowledge of third-party insurance coverage guidelines preferred
- Must successfully complete/pass EPIC training/tests
- Computer knowledge and skills required
- Ability to speak English for a business setting – Bilingual a plus
- Customer focused
Hiring range depending on experience is $19.33 to $26.29
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.