< Back to Employment Opportunities
Medical Staff Administrative Coordinator – Internal Only – JOB#1705
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible to coordinate, monitor, and perform the medical staff and payer credentials verification process for initial appointments, temporary privileges, and reappointments of physicians and allied health professionals. This position also supports the Chief of Medical Staff and medical staff meetings in an administrative role.
Mon-Fri, 8 hour shifts, Full Time
- Serves as the liaison in the credentialing process:
a. Remains current with credentialing policies and procedures including external agency requirements.
b. Helps develop and maintain revised forms, policies, and procedures to facilitate credentialing process.
c. Receives all credentialing requests, including locum tenens, and notifies the appropriate parties handling the credentialing process
- Coordinates record management systems that include physician appointments, reappointments, and credentialing. Maintains current knowledge regarding credentialing policies and procedures including external agency requirements
- Schedules qualified locum tenens providers for coverage for providers employed by Estes Park Health, including credentialing, scheduling, onboarding, and housing.
- Collects, reviews, and prepares data for final medical staff and allied health professionals credentials review for clinic, hospital, and payer environments. Works with providers to obtain any missing information. Processes requests for additions or changes in clinical privileges.
- Provides administrative support to monthly medical staff meetings and committees to the Director of the Physicians Clinic, Clinic Providers, Medical Staff, and other medical committees.
- Maintains files on medical and allied health professionals including information related to licensure or clinical practice disciplinary actions, clinical practice restrictions, and medical malpractice suits, judgments, and settlements. Provides requested reports as directed.
- Coordinate the Provider Orientation and Onboarding process for all members of the organized medical staff including pre-work, set up, training and orientation.
- Ensures that requisite licenses, malpractice coverage, and certifications are current for all medical staff members and allied health professionals, including but not limited to: DEA, State License, Liability Insurance, Board Certifications, CME transcripts, and Life Support Certificates.
- Oversees the reporting requirements for DORA, NPDB, and Priv Plus for reappointments and potential providers. Reports any concerns to Clinic Director and Chief of Medical Staff for appropriate action.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Active member in good standing of Colorado Association of Medical Staff Services (CAMSS) within one year of hire.
- Required Licensure/Certification: None required. Preferred: Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) by the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Minimum Experience: None required. Preferred: Credentialing experience.
$23.49-$31.95, depending on experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.