Licensed Medical Social Worker – PRN(as needed) – JOB# 1432
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
The Licensed Medical Social Worker is responsible for utilization management and discharge planning for patients accessing care at the acute care (hospital) level. These duties are performed in conjunction with the RN Case manager.
PRN (to work as needed), varied shifts and days.
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Master’s in social work
- Must be a Licensed Medical Social Worker
- American Heart Association BLS
- 1-2 years’ experience in Medical Social Work
- Performs assessments to determine a patient’s (and family’s) immediate needs, as well as long-term needs, and develops a referral plan to meet the identified needs.
- Maintains necessary resources. Information and resources will reflect a consideration given to primary language, age-appropriateness and access (physical, financial and diagnostic criteria)
- Refers patients and families to community agencies
- Counsels with staff and patients/family to explore and decide upon post hospital/post emergency department care options
- Contacts appropriate health care and community agencies to facilitate and implement discharge plan
- Keeps patient care staff and physician informed about discharge options, discharge plans and family response to this
- Provides short term counseling, crisis intervention and patient education to individuals/family receiving nursing or other services from EPH
- Facilitates communication between patient, staff and significant others
- Document applicable information in the patient’s chart
- Attends committees as assigned
- Establishes effective working relationships with Estes Park Health (EPH) staff, referral agencies, and other facilities with whom EPH receives and transfers patients to coordinate resources and services.
- Collaborates with the RN Case Manager to ensure receiving agencies/facilities receive appropriate patient information to facilitate continuity of care.
- Participates in patient/family care conferences.
- Collaborates with the RN Case Manager to assess discharge planning needs of patients, taking into consideration their emotional, physical, mental and spiritual needs and involving the family if appropriate.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- All other duties as assigned.
Base Pay $25.21 – $31.51 +PRN Differential
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family needs for full Time and part Time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
*The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.