EMT B-IV – PRN – JOB#1718
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Responds to 911 calls and requests for inter-facility transfers; performs emergency care and Basic Life Support in pre-hospital settings and may be asked to perform same functions while assisting with patient care in the emergency room.
Shift dates and times will vary
- The EMT B-IV will perform his/her duties in a manner that ensures his/her own personal safety, as well as that of the other emergency personnel and the patient or patients on the scene. With the assistance of a partner, the EMT B-IV must possess the ability to lift and load a stretcher bearing a 165 – lb manikin. EMT B-IV must also possess ability to work in stressful and harsh weather environment and during any hour of the day or night.,
- The EMT B-IV may also be required to assist with community education, staff continuing education, and/or other EMS related educational functions such as EMT or First Responder Classes. He/she may also be requested to perform other non-patient related duties such as assisting with office related functions, performing quality assurance, basic vehicle maintenance (cleaning, stocking, etc.) and assisting at Estes Park Health as requested.
- Report for assigned duty shift in timely manner. Participate in shift change communication. Inventory vehicle to ensure that all equipment is operational and adequate supplies are present, and that the vehicle is operational. Report any mechanical problems to the shift supervisor or the maintenance coordinator. Check communication equipment and complete daily check list and documentation.
- Receives calls from dispatch and responds verbally to the dispatch center. Communicates with partner, reads maps, runs GPS, may drive ambulance to scene, uses most expeditious route, observes all traffic ordinances, regulations and communicates with responding agencies.
- Responsible for knowing local EMS protocols. Determines nature and extent of illness or injury utilizing standard BLS care, performs differential DX and makes determination regarding patient status, establishes priority for emergency care based on and renders appropriate emergency care based on those BLS standards. In addition, assists with ALS protocols and/or direct physician order care when deemed necessary by Paramedic partner.
- Communicates patient condition and treatment to receiving medical facility, ensures continuum of care once in the hospital, including appropriate documentation and verbal report.
Education and Experience:
- High School level or equivalent of education, on-going continuing education required.
- Experience can be variable but a minimum of six month preferred.
- Current State of Colorado EMT-B certification, valid (COLORADO) driver’s license.
- Required certifications Healthcare Provider CPR (BLS), IV Certification. CPR Instructor certifications are preferred but not required.
$17.18 – $23.36, depending on experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.