< Back to Employment Opportunities
Certified Surgical Technologist – PRN – JOB #1583
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE! Details listed below.
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
The Surgical Technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
8 -10 hr day shifts, M-F, on-call per schedule as needed.
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ORT or Certification Program
- 3 Years of experience as Surgical technologist
- High level of proficiency in at least 3 surgical service lines.
- Processes all instrumentation equipment, supplies for surgical procedures and maintains log book of sterilization as needed.
- Prepares cases cart with all needed supplies for surgical procedures.
- Setting up, tear down of OR before and after surgical procedures while applying sterile technique.
- Works closely with physician during surgery to achieve best outcome for the patient.
- Identify future purchase replacement needs, monitor for outdates.
- Takes On call as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with AORN Standards.
- Actively participates in the Time Out Process.
- Assists with GI procedures.
- Utilizes and actively updates surgical preference cards.
- Accurately performs counts for sponges and instruments according to P&P.
- Labels all medication on the sterile field, both syringe and receptacle.
- Exemplifies Customer Service.
- Refrains from Gossiping and negative behavior in words and body language.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- Participates in inventory management of supplies for at least 1 surgical service line
- Performs duties of Sterile Processing Technician
- All other duties as assigned
Hiring range depending on experience $24.62 – $33.60.
Sign-on Retention bonus: $4000. Half on first check and half after 12 months.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family needs!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.