< Back to Employment Opportunities
Phlebotomist – PRN – JOB# 1480
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Responsible for receiving or obtaining specimens for laboratory analysis.
Shift and Hours will Vary
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year and/or completion of the following course work.
- Certification from a Phlebotomy Course and/or completion of the Phlebotomy Instruction Program available through CACMLE.
- American Heart Association CPR
- Responsible for drawing blood.
- Accessioning specimens for lab analysis and preparing specimens for outside testing.
- Responsible for stocking and cleaning drawing stations and drawing trays.
- Processes incoming send-out reports, distributing reports appropriately, answering the phone and filing.
- Responsible for updating manuals and other miscellaneous secretarial duties.
- Occasionally responsible for courier duties.
- Works closely with all Lab personnel, clients, employees of EPH, physicians and visitors.
- Participates in fire and disaster training and follows all lab safety guidelines, the Chemical Hygiene Plan, the Exposure Control Plan and the Hazardous Waste Plan.
- Participates in QI data collection to assure the highest quality of service for EPH clients.
- Performs urinalysis dipstick testing, rapid strep screens and pregnancy testing under the direct supervision of the medical technologists.
- Follows all Lab policies and procedures.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Maintains confidentiality on all patient information.
- Works calmly and efficiently under the pressures of STAT, life-threatening situations.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
Hiring range depending on experience is $15.00 to $18.75
Full Range of Benefits to fit the needs of you and your family. All Benefits are provided to all full-time and part-time employees.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled into a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with your financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to add additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.