Ultrasound Technologist – PRN(as needed) – JOB# 1197
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
The Ultrasound Technologist demonstrates cooperative attitude in accomplishing the common goal of patient care within the department and with other personnel affected by the department of Diagnostic Imaging. The Ultrasound technologist is responsible for carrying out diagnostic tests using Ultrasound equipment, and works in tandem with other medical personnel in order to achieve organizational goals.
SHIFT: PRN(as needed), hours and days can vary may include on-call.
- High school diploma or equivalent; graduate of AMA approved school of Ultrasound and registered/board certified by the ARDMS.
- Must have at least one-year experience as an ultrasound technologist
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or ARDMS.
- Must be certified in; OB, General ultrasound, RVT
- American Heart Association BLS
- Operates Ultrasound equipment for the purpose of capturing diagnostic images of a particular segment of the patient’s body.
- Explains the ultrasound procedure to the patient and answer any questions the patient may have.
- Ensures the safety of the patient at all times while in the Diagnostic Imaging department.
- Must show independent judgement when performing procedures when addressing difficult or unusual situations
- Is responsible for evaluating images for technical quality.
- Presents images, sonographic worksheet and preliminary findings to physicians and radiologist.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and ultrasound probes. Sterilizes EV probe after each exam using the Throphon sterilization unit.
- Performs Throphon QC per manufacture recommendation.
- Performs all ultrasound procedures in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Promotes patients comfort and privacy.
- Performs ultrasound procedures bedside when needed.
- Assumes responsibility of general departmental cleanliness and neatness.
- Understands the use of Meditech, PACS, Medhost and Inteleconnct.
- Is throughout familiar with all departmental routines, scheduling techniques, record keeping and procedures offered, including complete submission of exams to the radiologist for interpretation.
- Maintains professional affiliation(s) and certifications for own professional growth and as required by such organizations as to stay current and in compliance.
- Maintains familiarity with and complies with professional ethics.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
Base Pay $31.06 – $38.82 +PRN Differential
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.