< Back to Employment Opportunities
Occupational Therapist – PRN- JOB#1691
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Evaluates patient’s functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self-care ability, work capacity, etc.). Evaluates home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. Identifies equipment needs. Participates in the development of the total plan of care. For patients who plan to return to work, the occupational therapist may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to specialized vocational training in accordance with Organization policy.
PRN, as needed.
- Develops treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other Organization professionals. Also as necessary will develop program for caregiver’s energy conservation for hospice patients.
- май teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with Organization policy.
- май fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function.
- май train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the physician any changes in the patient’s condition. Submits these records in accordance with Organization policy.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care
- Attends and contributes to in-services, case conferences, interdisciplinary group meetings, and other meetings as required by Organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the Organization.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services/hospice and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs patient’s family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient’s treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
- Participates in hospice personnel orientation program.
- Supervises certified occupational therapy assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association. Registered with the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Two years of clinical experience as an occupational therapist.
- Possess and maintains current American Heart Association CPR Certification.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Understands hospice philosophy; issues of death/dying.
Base Pay $36.85-$50.12, depending on experience, plus PRN hourly rate of $4.00.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Понедельник-пятница 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.