Approach Your Baby's Birth with Peace of Mind
Estes Park Health wants you to have a rewarding birth experience and to feel confident about caring for your new baby. Designed for expecting mothers and their birth partners, this free class is offered quarterly. Classes are designed to leave you both feeling empowered with your new skills and knowledge.
Confidently Prepare for Baby's Birth
- Know what to expect during labor, birth, and post-partum.
- Practice skills to cope with labor and discomfort.
- Understand your natural and medical options.
- Learn the ins and outs of breastfeeding and infant care.
- Connect with other new parents.
- Tour the New Life Center and meet the staff.
Have Fun at Interactive, Evidence-Based Classes
- Explore a variety of techniques to use throughout labor and delivery.
Gain access to local resources.
- Meet local pediatricians.
- Try out pre-natal yoga.
- Practice massage techniques.
- Get hands-on experience with swaddling and baby wearing.
Wendy Ash, RN, BSN, CLC
Wendy is a registered nurse specializing in pediatrics, lactation and newborn care who works with Dr. MacElwee in the Estes Park Health Clinic. She is a Certified Lactation Counselor and is currently pursuing certification in childbirth education. Before moving to Estes Park, Wendy worked for 10 years as a neonatal ICU nurse at North Colorado Medical Center. Wendy moved to Estes Park in 2011 with her husband Kevin and four children Logan, Bailey, Dawson, and DeLaney.
Kendra Hester, RN
Kendra and her husband, Walt, moved to Estes Park in 2000 to get closer to the beauty of the mountains and live in a small town to raise their family. Their daughter Zoe was born here at the Estes Park Health in 2001. Kendra has had the honor of working for Dr. Koschnitzke in the Estes Park Health Clinic since she and her husband moved to Estes, and has worked in women’s health care for more than 20 years. In their free time, you can find Kendra and her family walking the trails in town, hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park or playing in their mountain home.