Unit Coordinator – Full Time – JOB#1610
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Greet and acknowledge the arrival of all patients, responsible for obtaining complete and accurate demographic, insurance and limited clinical information from patients and/or family members by telephone or in person.
Full Time, Mon-Fri, 8 hr shifts
- Register new patients
- Schedule patients ongoing appointments
- Maintain provider’s appointment schedules
- Manage telephone communications
- Coordinate all departmental correspondence
- Collect patient demographics including insurance
- Provide patients with functional test forms including completion of these forms prior to entry into the department
- Collect fees as patients check in/out
- Communicate with patients waiting for service if schedule is delayed
- Participate in keeping reception and waiting areas neat and orderly
- Distributing supplies in offices, gym space and treatment rooms as appropriate
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Medical clerical experience required. Work in hospital, clinic, physical therapy department/facility, long term care facility or rehabilitation agency preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, physiology, anatomy, and neurology is desirable. Must possess basic proficiency in English, spelling and math. Must be computer proficient
$15.23 – $20.71, depending on years of experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.