Ultrasound Technologist – PRN(as needed) – JOB# 1197
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
The Ultrasound Technologist demonstrates cooperative attitude in accomplishing the common goal of patient care within the department and with other personnel affected by the department of Diagnostic Imaging. The Ultrasound technologist is responsible for carrying out diagnostic tests using Ultrasound equipment, and works in tandem with other medical personnel in order to achieve organizational goals.
PRN(as needed), hours and days can vary may include on-call.
- High school diploma or equivalent; graduate of AMA approved school of Ultrasound and registered/board certified by the ARDMS.
- Must have at least one-year experience as an ultrasound technologist
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or ARDMS.
- Must be certified in; OB, General ultrasound, RVT
- American Heart Association BLS
- Operates Ultrasound equipment for the purpose of capturing diagnostic images of a particular segment of the patient’s body.
- Explains the ultrasound procedure to the patient and answer any questions the patient may have.
- Ensures the safety of the patient at all times while in the Diagnostic Imaging department.
- Must show independent judgement when performing procedures when addressing difficult or unusual situations
- Is responsible for evaluating images for technical quality.
- Presents images, sonographic worksheet and preliminary findings to physicians and radiologist.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and ultrasound probes. Sterilizes EV probe after each exam using the Throphon sterilization unit.
- Performs Throphon QC per manufacture recommendation.
- Performs all ultrasound procedures in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Promotes patients comfort and privacy.
- Performs ultrasound procedures bedside when needed.
- Assumes responsibility of general departmental cleanliness and neatness.
- Understands the use of Meditech, PACS, Medhost and Inteleconnct.
- Is throughout familiar with all departmental routines, scheduling techniques, record keeping and procedures offered, including complete submission of exams to the radiologist for interpretation.
- Maintains professional affiliation(s) and certifications for own professional growth and as required by such organizations as to stay current and in compliance.
- Maintains familiarity with and complies with professional ethics.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
$33.41 – $45.44, plus PRN flat rate of $4.00/hr.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544, Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.