Surgical Technologist – Full Time – JOB# 1252
Surgical Scrub Technologist for Surgical Services
Estes Park Health is a non-profit critical access healthcare facility in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. Founded in 1975 by the residents of Estes Park, Estes Park Health is the community’s comprehensive health-care resource with a focus on superior, compassionate care that consistently receives high patient-satisfaction scores.
The Estes Park Health system serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and a 52-bed skilled nursing facility.
Estes Park Health’s Surgical Services team of physicians, nurses and technicians work together seamlessly to offer compassionate, competent surgical services. From colonoscopies to total knee replacements, our team of local surgical experts is known for personalized service that helps put you on the road to recovery as soon as possible.
The scrub surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Processes all instrumentation equipment, supplies for surgical procedures and maintains log book of sterilization as needed.
- Prepares cases cart with all needed supplies for surgical procedures.
- Setting up, tear down of OR before and after surgical procedures while applying sterile technique.
- Works closely with physician during surgery to achieve best outcome for the patient.
- Identify future purchase replacement needs, monitor for outdates.
- Takes On call as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with AORN Standards.
- Actively participates in the Time Out Process.
- Assists with GI procedures.
- Utilizes and actively updates surgical preference cards.
- Accurately performs counts for sponges and instruments according to P&P.
- Labels all medication on the sterile field, both syringe and receptacle.44124
- Exemplifies Customer Service.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ORT or Certification program
- 1-year previous experience preferred but not required
8hr day shifts, days will vary.