Director Surgical Services – JOB# 1442
Surgical Services Director
Estes Park Health is a non-profit critical access healthcare facility in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. Founded in 1975 by the residents of Estes Park, Estes Park Health is the community’s comprehensive health-care resource with a focus on superior, compassionate care that consistently receives high patient-satisfaction scores.
The Estes Park Health system serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and a 52-bed skilled nursing facility.
Estes Park Health’s Surgical Services team of physicians, nurses and technicians work together seamlessly to offer compassionate, competent surgical services. From colonoscopies to total knee replacements, our team of local surgical experts is known for personalized service that helps put you on the road to recovery as soon as possible.
The Surgical Services Director must have knowledge of standards and clinical expertise for specialty area including OR, PACU, Endoscopy, SPD. Act as a resource to staff. Provides vision; takes initiative; effectively influences others.
Full time, 40 hrs per week, exempt status.
- Develop, manage and adhere to operational budgets and EPH strategic plan.
- Interviews, hires, woks at new hire retention; onboarding of staff, evaluating and terminating employees effectively.
- Scheduling of staff.
- Participate in Pre-op, Inta-op, PACU, SPD and scrubbing as needed.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- Staff education
- All other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, with a current Colorado RN licensure preferably BSN.
- Minimum 2 years’ operating room management. Minimum 2 years circulating and scrubbing.
- American Heart Association BLS certified.
- ACLS, PALS within 6 months of hire.
- Computer skills (EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, etc.)
$46.25 – $57.81 Hiring range depending on experience.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits for full time and part time positions to fit your needs and family needs!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.