Registered Nurse Surgery – RN – Full Time ***Sign on Bonus Available*** – JOB #1251
Surgery RN – Job#1168
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Estes Park Health is a non-profit critical access healthcare facility in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and a 52-bed skilled nursing facility.
The Surgical Services team of physicians, nurses and technicians work together seamlessly to offer compassionate, competent surgical services. From colonoscopies to total knee replacements, our team of local surgical experts is known for personalized service that helps put you on the road to recovery as soon as possible.
The Surgical RN will meet the needs of patients of all ages, diagnosis, patient classification, in all practice areas; OR, PACU (Recovery room, Pre-Op) and GI Lab, assist physician with surgery; implement patient safety measures in accordance to EPH and AORN Standards of Care.
- Processes all equipment, supplies and PPE for surgical procedures and maintains log book of sterilization per standards and guidelines
- Assist in distribution of surgical equipment, supplies and PPE for the department. Setting up, tear down of OR before and after surgical procedures while applying sterile technique
- Assist physician with surgery; update surgical preference cards; count instruments, sponges, sharps; implement patient safety measures in accordance to EPMC and AORN Standards of Care
- Identify future purchase replacement needs, monitor for outdates
- Perform all aspects of Surgical/Procedure processes, including Pre-Operative Assessment, Post Anesthesia Care, and Discharge Teaching in accordance to EPH and ASPAN Standards of Care
- On call shift according to department policy/needs
8 Hr day shifts
- Colorado RN License
- Current AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Strong clinical skills in surgical services, 2 years OR skills
- Computer experience, strong verbal communication skills, must be able to speak and read English fluently
For more information about this opportunity, call 970-577-4458 and ask for the Human Resources Department, or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.