Registered Nurse – RN – PRN (as needed) – JOB# 1255
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
The Registered Nurse will provide nursing care to patients in Med/Surg. All aspects of nursing process; assess plans, implement and evaluate and documentation of care.
PRN (as needed) 12 hour shifts.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Colorado RN license required.
- Must be American Heart Association BLS certified upon employment.
- ACLS and basic ECG competency required within six months. PALS certification required within a year of employment.
- Plans for and utilizes nursing process to meet needs of patients of all ages. Includes assessment, planning (discharge, nursing care), implementation and evaluation. (Assess per chart review)
- Performs treatment in a safe and effective manner.
- Administers medications in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintains responsibility for preparation, interpretation and evaluation of test data.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to act appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and participates in education and counseling of patients and significant other in a plan of care.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competency. May be required to complete periodic mandatory education as established by the Education Director and the Director of Medical/Surgical Nursing.
- Promotes positive interpersonal relationships and demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information.
- Practices according to professional and ethical standards and enforces the same. Demonstrates an understanding of and functions as a professional nurse in accordance with Colorado State Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides care to patients in Medical/Surgical floor.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
$34.14-$51.20, depending on experience. Plus a PRN flat rate of $4.50/hr.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544, Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.