Clinical Educator – RN – JOB# 1403
Estes Park Health is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
The Clinical Educator is responsible for management of the education department, including but not limited to, regulatory education for all hospital employees, design, and implementation of education for nursing staff, and partnering with clinical directors to ensure that staff are practicing to quality national standards.
Full time , Days M-F, 8hr shifts
The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Bachelors’ in Nursing, masters preferred
- Minimum of 5 years acute care nursing experience.
- Current or Previous experience as a clinical/nursing educator.
- Current Colorado RN licensure
- American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: Nursing Professional Development Board Certification or certified Healthcare CPD Professional
- Utilizes the online learning management system as a tool to educate staff on a variety of topics.
- Utilizes the online learning management system to track staff progress in completion of assigned education and required certifications.
- Utilizes the online policy management system as a tool to education staff on new and updated policies.
- Utilizes a broad base of knowledge of nursing fundamentals to build practice in the nursing staff across the facility.
- Identifies areas of nursing practice that are not current and works with directors and staff to implement the necessary education.
- Partners with the quality department, infection prevention department, and clinical directors to identify and correct negative trends in care delivered.
- Partners with the clinical directors to design and implement education to staff.
- Understands and communicates the scope of the Colorado Nurse Practice Act.
- Understands and applies the nursing process, exhibits solid critical thinking and discernment skills.
- Partners with the AHA and NRP instructors to ensure a high-quality educational experience for all staff.
- Mentors and teaches nursing staff as needed.
- Acts a resource to staff as needed.
- Participates in patient care as needed.
- Partners with the informatics team to assist in documentation needs/fixes in the EHR.
- Oversees the orientation process for new staff with the help of charge nurses and house supervisors.
- Communicates feedback to staff regarding progress in meeting new education goals.
- Fosters an environment of learning among the staff.
- Champions best practice through research, gaining buy-in for processes, education, and follow-up.
- Facilitates practice change as needed through a variety of methods.
- Partners with the CNO and nursing department directors to ensure adherence to professional and ethical standards.
- Is accountable to deadlines set forth by leadership.
- Partners with the Director of Hospital Patient Services to determine the budget for the next year.
- Is accountable to the education department budget.
- Participates in and advocates for Just Culture.
- Partners with the Estes Park school district to champion their Future Health Care Workers Club.
- Partners with institutions of higher learning to provide clinical rotation spots for health care students (nursing, scrub tech, lab tech, rad tech, etc.).
- Assists with the development, review, and education of all nursing policies and procedures.
- Sits on Department Councils and other committees as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Performs in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- Has a working knowledge of the clinical equipment used in the various patient care departments.
- Communicate and interact with staff, patients, and visitors in a respectful and professional manner.
- Ensure that staff are compliant with HIPAA and privacy rules/laws
- All other duties as assigned.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time regular positions!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.