< Back to Employment Opportunities
Registered Nurse PreOp / PACU – PRN – JOB# 1593
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
The Surgical Services team of physicians, nurses and technicians work together seamlessly to offer compassionate, competent surgical services. From colonoscopies to total knee replacements, our team of local surgical experts is known for personalized service that helps put you on the road to recovery as soon as possible.
The PreOp / PACU RN will use the nursing process (A.P.I.E.) to meet the needs of patients of all ages, diagnosis, patient classification, in all practice areas; Pre and Post Operative (PACU)
PRN as needed, 8 Hr day shifts, days will very. *The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, with a current Colorado RN licensure.
- 1-2 years previous PACU experience preferred.
- American Heart Association CPR certified.
- ACLS, PALS within 6 months of hire.
- Performs treatments in a safe and effective manner.
- Administers medications in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintains responsibility for preparation, interpretation and evaluation of test data.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to act appropriately in the Charge Nurse Role.
- Demonstrates knowledge and participates in education, discharge planning and counseling of patients and significant other.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competency.
- Promotes positive interpersonal relationships.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information.
- Practices according to professional and ethical standards as described by State and Professional organizations.
- Provides care to patients in Pre-Op area and, PACU in a professional and anticipatory manner.
- Assists Anesthesia with administration of regional anesthesia (blocks) and time out.
- Takes responsibility for all activities in the Pre and Post Op phases of care
- Performs accurate and timely documentation of applicable phases of patient care
- Exemplifies Customer Service.
- Promotes Teamwork with Open Communication.
- Refrains from Gossiping.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned
$38.38-$57.58, depending on experience, plus PRN flat rate of $4.50/hr.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544, Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.