Registered Nurse – Full Time- Urgent Care – JOB #1535
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
The Registered Nurse (RN) supports in the delivery of patient care within the Urgent Care Center (UCC) setting. The RN provides direct patient care and admissions support. They are responsible for documentation, order entry, stocking/unit supplies and patient transportation within building or to and from car as required. The RN performs interventions under the direction of the Nurse Practitioner (NP) within the legal limits of their licensure, including but not limited to, triaging patients to prioritize care, rooming patients, obtaining vital signs, splinting, lab draws, IV insertion/fluid administration and additional duties as assigned within scope of practice.
Full time – Shift dates and shift time will vary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs age specific patient care in a safe, timely and professional manner utilizing professional
- Triage incoming patient requests for services as needed; oversee the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction using healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills
- Assists with and performs patient care including collection of patient information, accurate reading and documentation of vital signs, and recording activities and treatments on the EMR. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action
- Administers medications utilizing the 7 Rights: Right Drug, Right Client, Right Dose, Right Time, Right Route, Right Reason, and Right Documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to act appropriately in an emergency situation. (ALCS, BLS, PALS/ENPC skills sets).
- Maintains exam and treatment rooms and other areas. Cleans equipment following established guidelines. Ensures that established standard supply levels are maintained.
- Protects patients and employees by assisting in maintaining a clean, safe working environment, and adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Demonstrates knowledge and participates in education and counseling of patients and their family, caretakers or friends a plan of care and discharge teaching.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information. Able to describe HIPPA regulations and security measures to protect privacy of medical records.
- Practices according to professional and ethical standards. Demonstrates an understanding of and functions as a professional nurse in accordance with Colorado State Nurse Practice Act.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Associate Degree in Nursing or higher
- Experience – 1 year of bedside nursing preferred
- Colorado Nursing License
- Required certifications: American Heart Association ACLS, BLS, PALS or ENPC
$30.00-$37.90, depending on experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.