Registered Nurse – Emergency Department – PRN(as needed) – JOB# 1635
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Provide quality compassionate patient care utilizing nursing process to meets the needs of patients of all ages.
PRN (as needed), varied 12 hr shifts
- Performs age specific patient care in a safe, timely and professional manner utilizing professional
- Administers medications utilizing the 7 Rights: Right Drug, Right Client, Right Dose, Right Time, Right Route, Right Reason, and Right Documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to act appropriately in an emergency situation. (ALCS, BLS, TNCC, PALS/ENPC skills sets).
- Demonstrates knowledge and participates in education and counseling of patients and their family, caretakers or friends a plan of care and discharge teaching.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competency. Certified ACLS, BLS, TNCC, PALS/ENPC.
- Promotes positive interpersonal relationships and demonstrates effective communication skills with patients, families and colleagues.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information. Able to describe HIPPA regulations and security measures to protect privacy of medical records.
- Practices according to professional and ethical standards. Demonstrates an understanding of and functions as a professional nurse in accordance with Colorado State Nurse Practice Act.
- Participates in financial stewardship as evidenced by efficient use of resources and supplies, reviewing charges
Education and Experience:
- Education: Associate Degree in Nursing
- Experience – 2 years preferred
- Must possess a valid Colorado RN license or a valid multistate RN license through the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Required certifications: American Heart Association ACLS, BLS, TNCC, PALS or ENPC
- Recommended certifications: NRP, CEN, NIHSS
$34.01-$51.50, plus an hourly PRN flat rate of $4.50.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.