Registered Nurse – Emergency Department – Full Time -Nights – JOB#1485
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Provide quality compassionate patient care utilizing nursing process to meets the needs of patients of all ages.
Full Time, 36 hrs a week, 12 hr shifts 7p-7a, includes every other weekend.
- Education: Associate Degree in Nursing
- Experience – 2 years
- Colorado Nursing License or Multistate
- Required certifications: American Heart Association ACLS, BLS, TNCC, Pals or ENPC
- Recommended certifications: NRP, CEN, NIHSS
- Performs age specific patient care in a safe, timely and professional manner utilizing professional
- Administers medications utilizing the 7 Rights: Right Drug, Right Client, Right Dose, Right Time, Right Route, Right Reason, and Right Documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to act appropriately in an emergency situation. (ALCS, BLS, TNCC, PALS/ENPC skills sets).
- Demonstrates knowledge and participates in education and counseling of patients and their family, caretakers or friends a plan of care and discharge teaching.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competency. Certified ACLS, BLS, TNCC, PALS/ENPC.
- Promotes positive interpersonal relationships and demonstrates effective communication skills with patients, families and colleagues.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information. Able to describe HIPPA regulations and security measures to protect privacy of medical records.
- Practices according to professional and ethical standards. Demonstrates an understanding of and functions as a professional nurse in accordance with Colorado State Nurse Practice Act.
- Participates in financial stewardship as evidenced by efficient use of resources and supplies, reviewing charges
- When requested and possible, participates in committees and/or community events as a member of EPH.
- Performs in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Performs in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties associated in the professional role of RN.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.