Registered Dietician – PRN – JOB#1659
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
The Registered Dietitian Nutritionist is responsible for providing safe, individualized, and effective medical nutrition therapies to inpatients, outpatients, and other stakeholders of EPH. The employee will be a key strategic partner within the nutrition department and will be asked to help expand service lines to better serve the Estes community. Additionally, this individual will partner with food service personnel to enhance adherence to nutrition principles and will partner with other individuals and departments throughout EPH to promote the quality of care for our patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All Staff Members perform in accordance with Estes Park Health’s Mission, Vision, and Values
40% of time: Patient Care Duties
- Provides individualized medical nutrition therapies to patients as ordered or requested.
- Leverages counseling concepts and educational resources to promote efficacy and positive behavioral changes.
- Assesses nutritional needs of patients and works to create sensible, individualized care plans.
- Monitors data to determine nutritional needs of patients and effectiveness of interventions.
- Attends interdisciplinary rounds on Med-Surg.
30% of time: Professional Duties
- Serves on committees as assigned or requested.
- Helps design, position, and implement service line additions.
- Completes QI projects as assigned or requested.
- Works within the department, and interdepartmentally, to achieve goals related to quality, patient safety, and patient satisfaction
20% of time: Food Service Duties:
- Provides guidance to food service personnel through oversight, in-services, and reinforcement.
- Assists in meal planning; may help manage product mix and procurement needs.
- Works with personnel to ensure adherence to nutritional principles and orders.
10% of time: Documentation Duties
- Maintains appropriate documentation utilizing EHR.
- Completes tray audits and other QA documentation as requested.
19.Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the departments/organization.
PRN , shift dates and times will vary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance and Portability Accountability Act) and protected health information.
- Ability to work independently with accuracy.
- Demonstrates excellent stewardship of organizational resources.
- Understanding of counseling concepts and behavior change models.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and/or Dietetics.
- Completion of an approved Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Association accredited internship.
- Passed the examination to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
$26.10-$35.50, depending on experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.