Physical Therapist Assistant -PRN -Internal Only – JOB #1624
16Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
The Physical Therapist Assistant works under licensed physical therapists (PTs) to assist people with physical injuries or illnesses to regain range of movement and control their pain. Under the PT’s direction, PT assistants assist people who have lost motor function due to accidents, illness or age.
PRN (as needed) shift times and dates will vary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and Standards of Practice policy for Physical Therapy Assistants
- Respect and understand the patient’s right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions
- Practice ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
- Treat patients of many ages (adolescents, adults, geriatrics), races, creeds, genders and disabilities without bias or prejudice; function as a staff physical therapy assistant as necessary
- Demonstrate the ability to be consistent in following the individual patient care plan designed by the supervising physical therapist
- Preparation of daily attendance records and daily treatment notes; ensure protection of confidential patient information
- Possess accurate documentation skills
- Maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the patient/department/facility with efficient use of time
- Exercise necessary and effective inter- and intradepartmental/facility communications
- Demonstrate coordination of sight and body movements in various applications of procedures; techniques of assisting and handling patients within the scope of PTA practice; ability to handle professional equipment
- Immediately report any concerns/issues with equipment used for physical therapy or within the department to ensure patient and employee safety
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to emergency situations; be alert to changes in patient’s condition and all activities of the department/facility
- Supervision of Physical Therapy Assistant students as applicable
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree from an accredited physical therapy program required
- Two years’ experience preferred
- American Heart Association BLS required
$23.00 – $31.28, plus a PRN hourly flat rate of $3.00/hr.
Perks of working with us!
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.