Phlebotomist – PRN – JOB# 1110
Estes Park Health is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
The Phlebotomist is responsible for receiving or obtaining specimens for laboratory analysis.
PRN as needed
- Responsible for drawing blood.
- Accessioning specimens for lab analysis and preparing specimens for outside testing.
- Responsible for stocking and cleaning drawing stations and drawing trays.
- Processes incoming send-out reports, distributing reports appropriately, answering the phone and filing.
- Responsible for updating manuals and other miscellaneous secretarial duties.
- Occasionally responsible for courier duties.
- Works closely with all Lab personnel, clients, employees of EPH, physicians and visitors.
- Participates in fire and disaster training and follows all lab safety guidelines, the Chemical Hygiene Plan, the Exposure Control Plan and the Hazardous Waste Plan.
- Participates in QI data collection to assure the highest quality of service for EPH clients.
- Performs urinalysis dipstick testing, rapid strep screens and pregnancy testing under the direct supervision of the medical technologists.
- Follows all Lab policies and procedures.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Maintains confidentiality on all patient information.
- Works calmly and efficiently under the pressures of STAT, life-threatening situations.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year experience and/or completion of the following course work.
- Certification from a Phlebotomy Course and/or completion of the Phlebotomy Instruction Program available through CACMLE.
- American Heart Association BLS