Pharmacy Technician – PRN – JOB#1625
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Works under the direction of the pharmacist in following policies, procedures or protocols, according to state and Federal law, as well as Critical Access Hospital (CAH) regulations, with respect to, ordering, receiving, storing, distributing, preparing, administering, documenting, returning, destroying, or otherwise managing medication.
PRN, as needed. M-F, 8hrs shifts
- In the absence of the pharmacist, works independently to meet the objectives listed in number one, providing documentation for retrospective checking by the pharmacist.
- Accurately performs monthly automated dispensing machine inventories for outdates and overstock.
- Accurately prepares annual inventory.
- Shares on-call duties with other member(s) of pharmacy department.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college is desirable.
- One year experience as buyer or pharmacy technician
- Prefer experience with pharmaceutical supplies and terminology and with storage or distribution systems including an automated dispensing machine.
- Certification as pharmacy technician is desirable.
- Must be computer literate. Initiative, good judgment, and adaptability are important.
$19.20-$26.11, depending on experience, plus PRN hourly rate of $3.00.
Perks of working with us!
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.