Patient Safety and Quality RN (Hybrid, Work From Home Available) – JOB#1567
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Purpose and Scope:
The Patient Safety/Quality RN is responsible to participate in the activities and flow of work for the quality and risk management functions. The Patient Safety and Quality nurse will utilize evidence-based practices such as high reliable principles, systems thinking, continuous improvement strategies, and Just Culture. Additionally, the Patient Safety and Quality nurse ensures compliance with regulations and requirements from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), other accrediting healthcare organizations, and state regulations.
Mon – Fri, Non-Exempt, 40 hr week
Work From Home Hybrid – Once Orientation is complete, Employee is allowed to WFH at least one day a week. (25% of week at home, 75% of week in office)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- All Staff Members perform in accordance with Estes Park Health’s Mission, Vision and Values
20% of time will be spent doing:
- Professional Accountability: acquire and maintain knowledge and skills according to professional guidelines to serve as a resource.
- Evaluator: Quality/Patient Safety nurse conducts rounds, discusses and monitors safe practices with staff members, collects data from departments, maintains records and trains staff members on implementation of patient safety and quality practices.
- Maintain current knowledge of reporting criteria and report as indicated.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Assist with evaluation of program through the use of data capture, follow up and trend analysis.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams
- Collaborator: Liaison with clinical teams/clinical leaders providing assistance with patient complaints and grievances, facilitating reporting of safety data and events.
- Medical Director
- Clinical Untis
- Support Departments
- Ancillary Departments
- Educator: Providing guidance and education for all staff members regarding the management of patients and other quality and patient safety issues.
- Identify need for and provide education for all staff members and providers at EPH.
- Assists with the development and implementation of initiatives, policies, and procedures.
10% of time will be spent doing:
- Presenting/providing updated information, implementation of new services, and system/performance measures in support of Quality/Patient Safety Director.
- Able to be agile in the role as well as a team member of EPH. Positively contributes to the overall success of EPH by displaying a cooperative spirit, promoting teamwork, adapting to changes, as we work together towards the strategic plan of EPH
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Conduct analysis and formulate conclusions
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of adult learning concepts.
- Work proficiently with Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
- Three years of clinical or related experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing; Master’s degree preferred
- Must possess a valid Colorado RN license or a valid multistate RN license through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
- Relevant clinical experience including progressive management or professional liability.
- BLS through the American Heart Association.
$35.34-$48.06, depending on years of experience
Perks of working with us!
Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.