Patient Care Technician – Part Time – JOB# 1657
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
The Patient Care Technician member of the nursing care team for Urgent Care Center, ED and Med Surg patients. Provides safe care within the scope of their certification/license and job description.
Part Time, shift dates and time with vary.
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- American Heart Association BLS required prior to hire
- Must have one of the following:
- Current EMT-B certification or
- Nursing Student with a current CNA license
- Help provide safe patient care and a safe environment
- Takes vital signs, height & weight, intake, and output
- Collection of specimens with competency (Blood, Urine, Swabbing, etc.)
- Point of Care (POC) testing with competency
- Assists patients with meals and nourishment
- Assists with ambulation, repositioning, and transportation of patients
- Insertion of PIVs with competency
- Performance of EKG’s with competency
- Clean wounds with competency
- Assists patients with ADLs as needed
- Rooms patients in the ED and UCC as needed
- Documents care given in the EHR
- Assists with cleaning rooms and patient care equipment as needed
- Acts as a sitter for patient safety
- Utilizes effective and professional communication
- Demonstrates professional behavior and dress in all phases of the job
- Participates in meetings, education, and committees as needed
- Performs in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- Performs in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals
- Other tasks/interventions with competency as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
Perks of working with us!
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.