Patient Care Technician – Full Time – Days – JOB# 1410
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
The Patient Care Technician member of the nursing care team for Urgent Care Center, ED and Med Surg patients. Provides safe care within the scope of their certification/license and job description.
Full time, 12 hour shifts, 7a-7p.
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- American Heart Association BLS required prior to hire
- Must have one of the following:
- Current EMT-B certification or
- Nursing Student with a current CNA license
- Help provide safe patient care and a safe environment
- Takes vital signs, height & weight, intake, and output
- Collection of specimens with competency (Blood, Urine, Swabbing, etc.)
- Point of Care (POC) testing with competency
- Assists patients with meals and nourishment
- Assists with ambulation, repositioning, and transportation of patients
- Insertion of PIVs with competency
- Performance of EKG’s with competency
- Clean wounds with competency
- Assists patients with ADLs as needed
- Rooms patients in the ED and UCC as needed
- Documents care given in the EHR
- Assists with cleaning rooms and patient care equipment as needed
- Acts as a sitter for patient safety
- Utilizes effective and professional communication
- Demonstrates professional behavior and dress in all phases of the job
- Participates in meetings, education, and committees as needed
- Performs in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- Performs in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals
- Other tasks/interventions with competency as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
Base Pay $15.50-$19.37
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family needs for full Time and part Time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
*The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.