Patient Account Representative – Cash Poster – Full Time – JOB# 1639
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado. From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
The Patient Account Representative
The payment poster performs a variety of duties related to the posting of patient/insurance payments and adjustments at Estes Park Medical Center. This position promotes revenue integrity and reimbursement for the organization by ensuring timely and accurate posting to accounts. Additionally, this individual follows departmental policies, productivity and quality control measures that support the organizations operational and mission goals.
Full Time 8 hr shifts, M-F, 8am -5pm *The shift and hours listed may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Reviews insurance explanation of benefits/patient payments and posts payments, adjustments and denials to the billing system daily.
- Performs EFT, ERA, check and cash payment reconciliations and completes deposit reports daily.
- Reconciles payments posted with general ledger and with the bank daily.
- Investigates unidentified cash and resolves misdirected payments.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts on an ongoing basis, establishing goals with supervisor and tracking progress.
- Works closely with accounting department to reconcile all daily cash transactions.
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness by making recommendations and communicating trends and issues to supervisor.
- Participates in committees as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Performs in accordance with organizational vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school level or equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience in hospital or physician billing and/or patient access.
- Detail Oriented, Excellent people and organizational skills.
- Computer literate in Windows and Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge Allscripts/Epic software beneficial.
Hiring range depending on experience $16.50 – $22.44
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family needs!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.