Patient Access Supervisor – JOB#1528
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for coordination and supervision in all areas within Patient Access: Clinic, Outpatient Registration, Emergency Department and Urgent Care. This position requires a detailed knowledge base in all these areas mentioned and scheduling protocols and billing practices, as well as an understanding of how these areas impact the flow of work throughout the departments and organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Monthly Schedule for all Patient Access areas and ensures adequate staff coverage as needed.
- Responsible for the Daily operations in The Clinic, OP Registration, Emergency Department and Urgent Care.
- Monitors daily workload and ensures timely and accurate scheduling and registration activities.
- Respond to employee questions/concerns on an individual basis as needed.
- Provide timely performance improvement feedback and coaching.
- Conduct team meetings to apprise staff of changes and to address broader-based program area issues and initiatives.
- Encourage and commend staff for excellent performance.
- Manages Clinic Provider Schedules and “Opens and Closes” when requested.
- Creates Provider Templates when requested by Clinic Director.
- Assists Manager in educating staff of any changes pertinent to their roles.
- Serves as a positive role model for team members by working with them to promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Provides feedback and communicates trends on daily registration processes along with staffing issues to the Patient Access Manager and Revenue Cycle Services Director.
- Maintains a solid understanding and knowledge of payer requirements, registration, and scheduling workflows, as well as referral requirements to ensure staff follows established procedures to maximize reimbursement.
- Trains and orients new hires after initial onboarding in all registration modules within Epic as well as conducting refresher classes based on need. Keep Training manuals updates (Epic Tips and Tricks, Insurance, etc.)
- Serve as the knowledge expert and information source for staff. Keep abreast of insurance, referral, and billing requirements. Request system enhancements as needed to facilitate accurate registration and scheduling.
- Serve as an escalation point for patient issues and questions. Assist staff with complex and disgruntled patient situations requiring intervention from a higher authority. Participate in process improvement teams as assigned.
- Identify focus areas for competency assessments. Provide training opportunities addressing areas highlighted by these assessments.
- Participate in training/development programs as agreed upon with the Patient Access leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in business, healthcare administration or related major preferred (relevant experience in lieu of degree may be considered).
- Three years of experience in a progressively responsible healthcare revenue cycle or clinic operations, or at least 1 year of related experience in a leadership role.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent people and organizational skills.
- Computer literate in Windows and Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have knowledge of Epic software.
$21.29 – $26.61, depending on experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.