Patient Access Representative, Lead – Full Time – JOB#1396
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
The Lead Patient Access Representative is responsible for providing consistency and organization to the Patient Access Representative team of either the Clinic and Outpatient Services or the ED and Urgent Care. The Lead works in the role of a Patient Access Representative and works closely with the Patient Access Manager, providing feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues. The Lead manages the schedule for assigned department areas and provides training and work direction to others along with assistance as necessary to ensure a positive patient experience and compliance with department policies and procedures. The Lead will manage daily coverage issues and assist with cross-training in their area of expertise.
Full Time, shifts and hours varied
- High School diploma/GED.
- Two or more years of experience in hospital or physician billing and/or patient access.
- Detail oriented. Excellent people and organizational skills a must.
- Computer literate in Windows and Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of Epic software would be beneficial.
- Manages schedule of appropriate registration areas, arranging coverage for upcoming PTO requests and ensures adequate coverage.
- Monitors daily workload and ensure timely and accurate scheduling and registration activities.
- Promotes and demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Assists Manager in educating registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles.
- Serves as a positive role model for team members by working with them to promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Performs all functions of Patient Access Representative as required.
- Provides feedback and communicates trends on daily registration processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Manager and Revenue Cycle Services Director.
- Assists Patient Access Representatives in problem solving more complicated issues.
- Trains and orients new hires after initial onboarding.
- Cross trains Patient Access Representatives to be able to work in one other area than assigned service area.
- Assists Manager with attendance monitoring.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with organizational vision, mission, and goals.
- Other Duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC – ED AND URGENT CARE SERVICES:
- Primarily responsible for working Patient Access Registration work queues so accounts have accurate demographic and billing information.
- Responsible for same day coverage when there is a call-in, by finding a team member to come in or working the shift.
- Works closely with Lead Counterpart in the Clinic and Outpatient Services to work together to manage schedules and coverage.