Patient Access Representative – Full Time Days – JOB# 1119
Patient Access Representative – Physician Clinic JOB# 1119
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
The Patient Access Representative is responsible for registering patients in a timely and accurate manner. The Representative will gather demographic and insurance information to identify the patient and accuracy of the medical record, while also securing method of payment for services rendered. This includes validating insurance eligibility & benefits information, explaining benefits and authorization processes to our patients, and collecting payment at time of service when appropriate. Communicates with clinical departments involved in the care of the patient, to ensure a good hand off to the patient’s point of service. As the first point of contact at EPH, the Patient Access Representative will maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor that results in a positive experience for new and returning patients.
- Provides support to physicians and physician support staff, assisting patients in accessing appropriate care. This includes scheduling appointments and assisting with follow up when patients check out.
- Answers multi-line phone system for Physician’s Clinic, assisting with patient questions and routing their need appropriately.
- Complete Daily Provider Schedule (Rounding sheet) and forward to designated areas.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work within a fast paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good Customer Service skills for communication on the phone and in person.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
8hr day shifts M-F and 4hrs on Saturday morning.