Patient Access Manager – JOB# 1455
Patient Access Manager
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
The Patient Access Manager is directly responsible for the management and operations of patient access within the EPH Physician Clinic, Emergency, Urgent Care and Outpatient Departments; along with indirect responsibility for non-reporting areas that perform patient access functions. Responsible for revenue cycle functions of patient access that include registration accuracy, point of service collections, office supervision, continuing education of staff members and account resolution activities. Manages the daily operational activities through direct supervision of Patient Access Representatives and Leads; who have responsibility for many aspects of daily operations.
Full time, M-F, 8hr days. (may vary as needed)
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with diverse population.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of Patient Access experience
- Good personal and phone communication skills
- Ability to multi task, organize, prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Assists in the staffing, budgeting, planning, and development of policy and procedures for these areas.
- Responsible for hiring, training and corrective action of staff members.
- Provide continuous training and updates to staff members.
- Collaborates with directors, physicians, and clinical staff related to patient access.
- Ensures Quality Assurance on registrations for all areas of patient access.
- Perform evaluations in a timely manner.
- Complete monthly reports for the PFS Director.
- Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists.
- Perform patient registration function when needed to ensure wait times are kept to a minimum.
- Model AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient and ensure staff are adhering to the patient experience expectations.
- Prepare payroll and completes monthly work schedules as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Communicates monthly information to Patient Access staff regarding PFS staff meetings, and runs team building exercises and in-service education as needed.
- Assists PFS department with special projects as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and EPH’s policies and procedures, both at work and in off-hours.
Hiring range depending on experience is $26.24 to $32.81
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.