Paramedic – Per Diem – JOB #1022
Responds to 911 calls and requests for inter-facility transfers; performs emergency care and Advanced Life Support in pre-hospital settings and may be asked to perform same functions while assisting with patient care in the emergency department or hospital.
- The EMT-P will perform his/her duties in a manner that ensures his/her own personal safety, as well as that of the other emergency personnel and the patient or patients on the scene
- The EMT-P may also be required to assist with community education, staff continuing education, and/or other EMS related educational functions such as EMT or First Responder Classes
- He/she may also be requested to perform other non-patient related duties such as assisting with office related functions, performing quality assurance, basic vehicle maintenance (cleaning, stocking, etc.) and assisting at Estes Park Health as requested
- Report for assigned duty shift in timely manner
- Participate in shift change communication
- Inventory vehicle to ensure that all equipment is operational and adequate supplies are present, and that the vehicle is operational. Report any mechanical problems to the shift supervisor or the maintenance coordinator
- Check communication equipment and complete daily check list and documentation
- Receives calls from dispatch and responds verbally to the dispatch center. Communicates with partner, reads maps, runs GPS, may drive ambulance to scene, uses most expeditious route, observes all traffic ordinances, regulations and communicates with responding agencies
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury, takes pulse and blood pressure, notes skin color and temp, makes determination regarding patient status, establishes priority for emergency care and renders appropriate emergency care based on BLS and ALS protocols and/or direct physician orders
- Communicates patient condition and treatment to receiving medical facility, ensures continuum of care once in the hospital, including appropriate documentation and verbal report
- Ability to work in an environment of strict confidentiality and maintain such an environment, both at work and in off-hours
- Requires a High school diploma or equivalent
- Current State of Colorado EMT-P certification
- Valid (COLORADO) driver’s license
- Current AHA BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications
- BTLS, PHTLS, NRP, and CPR Instructor certifications are preferred but not required
- Experience can be variable but a minimum of six months preferred.
- Must be 21 yrs old.
For more information about this opportunity, call 970-577-4458 and ask for the Human Resources Department, or e-mail questions to email@example.com.