< Back to Employment Opportunities
Nurse Practitioner – Seasonal – Urgent Care – JOB#1613
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Urgent Care Advanced Nurse Practitioner performs medical assessment of patients of all ages seeking urgent care, formulates differential diagnostic and treatment plans to determine the best course of short-term care. This includes but is not limited to the following: urgent services, minor procedures, splinting, suturing, wound treatment, prescription of medications, ordering and review of labs and medical imaging, and/or referring to outside specialist services. This position requires the collaborative relationship between provider, specialists, Paramedic, EMT and front office staff, as well as with other Estes Park Health departments as needed. Must be able to effectively communicate with other providers for patient admission and transfers.
SHIFT: Seasonal, shift times and dates will vary.
- Master’s degree (MSN) accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing (NLN) and certification by one of the Nurse Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license to practice in the State of Colorado and have never had a license to practice revoked, restricted or suspended by any state licensing agency
- Registration in the advanced practice nurse registry
- 2+ years of experience working independently as a Nurse Practitioner
- Urgent care experience preferred. Must have knowledge and experience in working with both acute and chronically ill patients.
- Unrestricted DEA license.
- Must hold ACLS, PALS and BLS certifications
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, clinical leadership, decision making ability, organizational skills and effective communication skills.
- Medical expertise, established consulting relationships, ability to function collaboratively in multiple systems, ability to work with people with acute or chronic physical illness as well as mental illness.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service and patient engagement skills. Represents EPH in a skilled and professional manner. Contributes to effective teamwork and fosters cooperation within the team.
- Demonstrates self-direction in establishing priorities and working with little supervision.
- Maintains high level of precision in judgment, accuracy of assessment, and skill in problem solving under stress based on skill level, licensure and scope of practice.
- Accurately and completely documents pertinent information relative to the patient’s presenting problem and clinic interventions in a timely manner
- Demonstrates responsiveness to patients as a provider and advocate, partnering with the patient to achieve their healthcare goals. Returns patient phone calls in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with at least one major EMR platform (such as Epic, NextGen, Greenway, etc.) Exposure to multiple EMR platforms is highly desired.
- Maintains clinical core competency and assures compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Demonstrates EPH performance standards and actively participates in process improvement.
- Participate in committees as assigned
- Perform in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
15% Seasonal Hourly Differential to Base Hourly Rate.
Full Range of Benefits to fit the needs of you and your family. All Benefits are provided to all full-time and part-time employees.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled into a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with your financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to add additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.
For more information about this opportunity, call 970-577-4458 and ask for the Human Resources Department, or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.