MRI Technologist – PRN(as needed) – JOB# 1262
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
The MRI Technologist demonstrates cooperative attitude in accomplishing the common goal of patient care within the department and with other personnel affected by the department of Diagnostic Imaging. The MRI technologist is responsible for carrying out diagnostic tests using Magnetic Resonance (MRI) scanners, and works in tandem with other medical personnel in order to achieve organizational goals. We use a Siemens 1.5 Tesla MRI scanner in our Imaging department.
PRN, 8-10 hour shifts as needed. *The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent; graduate of AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must have at least two years’ experience as a staff technologist with MRI experience.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- American Heart Association BLS
- Operates MRI equipment for the purpose of capturing diagnostic images of a particular segment of the patient’s body.
- Screens patients before examination for MRI safety and appropriateness of exam.
- Performs Quality Assurance tasks as required on a daily basis.
- Ensures that MRI rooms are clean, organized, and safe for patient examination.
- May call for, transfer, position and manage patients independently with a high degree of professional care, tact and courtesy.
- Ensures the safety of the patient at all times while in the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
- Ensures that patients are comfortable during MRI examination by providing headphones to reduce noise.
- Explains the exam to the patient and answers patient’s questions.
- Administers contrast material as necessary
- Ensures that patients GFR is at appropriate range for contrast administration.
- Screens all staff, family members for MRI safety prior to entering MRI zone 3 and 4.
- Is thoroughly familiar with all departmental routines, scheduling techniques, record keeping and procedures offered. Knows progressions of departmental workflow and paperwork, including complete submission of exams to the radiologist for interpretation.
- Understands the use of Meditech and PACS including medical image post processing software.
- Assumes responsibility for general departmental neatness and cleanness, including orderly storage of materials.
- Maintains professional affiliation(s) and certifications for own professional growth and as required by such organizations as to stay current and in compliance.
- Maintains familiarity with and complies with professional ethics.
- Assist Department Director in acquiring and maintaining ACR and DNV accreditation/standards.
- Responsible for technical aspects of MRI Safety, maintenance and monitoring devices.
- Must be willing to train and support diagnostic staff members in MRI.
- Must be willing to work in all modalities within the department based on certification and competency.
- Rotates within the department to cover call on evenings and weekends (including shift work during the summer months), as required.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
Base Pay $31.06 – 38.82 +PRN Differential
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.