< Back to Employment Opportunities
Medical Technologist – PRN – JOB#1676
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for receiving or obtaining specimens for laboratory analysis. Handles tissue for microscopic pathology and applies techniques used in the fields of Microbiology, Hematology, and immunology, Immunohematology, Chemistry and Urinalysis.
Shift dates and times will vary
- Responsible for recording lab test results accurately and is engaged in Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) and Total Quality Management (TQM).
- Supervises the Medical Laboratory Technician and the Lab Assistant.
- Works closely will all lab personnel, physicians, clients, nurses, visiting friends, ambulance, volunteers, administration and all other hospital personnel.
- Accurate examination and analysis to assist physicians in making correct diagnosis of client’s disease.
- Careful handling of infectious materials to protect all lab personnel.
- Collects blood as needed, using universal blood and body fluid precautions.
- Assist Director in directing the instrument repairs, ordering supplies, maintaining service contracts and planning the purchase of new instrumentation.
- Must be able to operate and repair all equipment in the lab.
- Reviews and approves final test reports, quality control results and test procedures. Checks the results of all work done by the MLT daily.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology
- Associate of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- AHA BLS
- Certified by ASCP or AMT
- Performs phlebotomy as needed
$30.56-$41.56, depending on experience plus a PRN flat rate of $4.00/hr
Perks of working with us!
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.