Medical Social Worker – PRN(as needed) – JOB# 1459
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
Estes Park Health Home Health Services can provide a single service or a combination of services, medical and non-medical in a patient’s home. Our qualified staff plans, coordinates and provides care tailored to individual needs.
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
PRN (as needed) Days and hours will vary.
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Graduate of a bachelor’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Minimum of one (1) year’s experience in health care.
- Experience in a home health care preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
- Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Director/Supervisor.
Hiring range depending on experience $26.16 to $34.89 +PRN differential.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
Base Pay $20.49 – $25.61
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.