Medical Scribe – Part Time – JOB #1555
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the clinic director, the medical scribe accompanies the provider into the patient exam room to assist with recording the patient’s history and plan of care in real-time into the Electronic Medical Record. The scribe will adapt to the methods and preferences of the physicians to whom they provide service and will ensure that all documentation provided is as complete and accurate as possible, with final sign-off by the physician. There may be several functions within the Epic EHR (and potentially other documentation tools) where the scribe is given permission to access.
Part time, Monday- Thursday, 8hr shifts
- Perform chart preparation per clinic protocol.
- Accompany the provider in all scheduled patient visits.
- Document the patient history, physical exam, procedures, and patient plan as performed by the provider.
- Notify provider of relevant quality metrics when appropriate, documenting to support quality metrics.
- Enter laboratory and radiographic studies, as ordered by the provider.
- Enter medication orders, as dictated by the provider.
- Document and print After Visit Summary for the patient.
- Review completed charts with the provider between patients or at the completion of shift.
- Update provider preference and clinic preference documents as necessary.
- Maintain high fluency on Epic in the sections and modules necessary to provide useful and thorough documentation.
- Understand the ambulatory downtime process thoroughly and take the lead to help document when downtime occurs.
- Help troubleshoot when clinic physicians or staff experience problems with Epic.
- Work with the informatics team and clinic superusers to ensure best practices in use of Epic and other tools.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with physicians, staff, administration, and outside agencies
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks in an organized manner
- Ability to be both self-directed and highly collaborative.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, negotiation, and critical-thinking skills.
Education and Experience:
- 1 year of healthcare related experience is required.
- Certification or secondary education in medical field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology and medical terminology
- Expert high-speed accurate typist
- Ability to demonstrate experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) and become proficient in documentation within the Ambulatory Epic modules and functions within 3-6 months.
- Ability to use common computer applications, including MS Office functions, remote-access tools, and various EHR systems.
$15.21 – $19.01, depending on experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.