Medical Technologist or MLT – Full Time – JOB# 1123
Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician
Estes Park Health is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
The ML/MLT is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for answering the phone and assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, CAP, OSHA, CAH, TJC).
Nights, 10 hr shifts, 8pm-6:30am. Nights vary.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS for MT:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology and/or Bachelor of Arts degree in a Biological Science, which includes a 12 month internship from an approved school of Medical Technology.
- A minimum of 12 months internship only qualifies for high complexity testing.
- MT (ASCP) registered. CLS (NCA) registered, optional.
- American Heart Association BLS
POSITION REQUIREMENTS for MLT:
- Students may be hired at the job title equivalent to their future certification under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (MLS), Student’s Clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and Student must complete program and pass certification test within one year of hire.
- MLT/ASCP certification required within 1 year of hire date.
- Preferred: MLT(ASCP) Associate Degree, which includes an internship from an approved school of Medical Technology and 1 year of experience.