< Back to Employment Opportunities
Infusion Registered Nurse – PRN – JOB#1623
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Provides outpatient infusion administration as needed.
PRN (As needed) – 8 or 10 hr shifts, days will vary.
- Is flexible in scheduling outpatient infusion patients.
- Provides direct patient care, including education, to patients.
- Administers all medications, including chemotherapeutic agents, in a safe and proper manner.
- Completes necessary documentation for medication administration, including patient charts and patient charges for services rendered.
- Communicates effectively with providers, patients, families, and EPH staff.
- Works in conjunction with the Outpatient Care Coordinator and delegates appropriately clinical tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations.
- Partner with Director for monitoring and evaluation of quality metrics.
- Partner with fellow infusion nurses and PCS Director in developing standards, policies, procedures, in-servicing, and maintaining quality of nursing care.
- Assists in other clinical departments as “helping hands.”
- Performs in accordance with all local, state, federal, and regulatory agency requirements
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years in oncology nursing; inpatient and outpatient experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid Colorado RN license or a valid multistate RN license through the Nurse Licensure Compact
- American Heart Association BLS required on hire.
- AHA ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- Required ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification. ONCC preferred.
$36.12-$54.18, depending on experience. Plus a PRN flat rate of $4.50/hr.
Perks of working with us!
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.