Infection Prevention Program Manager – RN – Full Time – JOB #1558
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Infection Prevention Program Manager RN is responsible for the effective management and operation of the Infection Prevention and Control Program for EPH. The IP RN will utilize evidence-based practices such as those published by the CDC, APIC, AAMI, SHEA and OSHA. Additionally, the IP RN ensures compliance with regulations and requirements from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), other accrediting healthcare organizations, and state regulations.
Full Time, Monday- Friday, 8hr shifts
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- All Staff Members perform in accordance with Estes Park Health’s Mission, Vision and Values
80% of time will be spent doing:
- Professional Accountability: acquire and maintain knowledge and skills according to professional guidelines to serve as the expert and resource.
- Annual Infection Control Risk Assessment completed
- Leads Infection Prevention Committee in partnership with Medical Director to support necessary requirements by all applicable entities.
- Developing and implementing the annual Infection Prevention Plan
- Report through Quality and Patient Safety per defined EPH standards
- Evaluator: The IP RN conducts rounds, discusses and monitors infection prevention practices with staff members, collects infection data from departments, maintains records for each case of healthcare- associated infection, conducts outbreak investigation, trains staff members on implementation of infection prevention practices, investigates incidents of infections and reports such incidents to the appropriate person/department, and ensures availability of supplies required for infection prevention activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of NHSN reporting criteria and report as indicated. Prepare annual survey for NHSN as mandated. Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Surveillance program
- Audit program (identify incidents and any corrective actions taken)
- Collaborator: Liaison with clinical teams/clinical leaders regarding the development of standards and audits.
- Medical Director
- Laboratory-mandatory reporting and review of microbiology reports
- Operating Room-instrument sterilization
- Employee Health Nurse-staff member health issues
- Pharmacy-antibiotic stewardship
- Environmental Services-cleaning
- Materials Management-supplies
- Facilities -construction management
- Educator: Providing advice for all staff members regarding the management of infectious patients/residents and other infection prevention issues.
- Identify need for and provide education for all staff members and providers at EPH.
- Hand hygiene • Cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization • Specific direct and indirect care settings • Therapeutic and diagnostic procedures and devices • Use of isolation/barrier precautions when indicated • Environmental hazards • Use of patient care products and medical equipment
10% of time will be spent doing:
- Presenting/providing the infection prevention annual report to the IPC, Chief Executive Officer, and Board of Trustees (as applicable to the institution) in collaboration with the Quality and Patient Safety Director; this report is to include results of infection prevention program goal achievements and matters of concern
- Be an IC advocate, shares knowledge and skills through mentoring, collaboration, leadership, and educating other members of the team. Providing growth opportunities for those who seek advancement in this specialized field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Conduct analysis and formulate conclusions
- Differentiate between colonization and infection
- Differentiate between prophylactic, empiric, and therapeutic uses of antimicrobials.
- Foster effective working relationships and build consensus
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of adult learning concepts.
- Work proficiently with Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
- Five years of clinical or related experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing; Master’s degree preferred
- Must possess a valid Colorado RN license or a valid multistate RN license through the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Membership in APIC (Associate of Professional in Infection Control and Epidemiology) and SHEA (Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America)
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) achieved within one year in the position
$34.76 – $43.45, depending on experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.