Food Service Worker – Per Diem – JOB #1017
The EPH Food Service Worker is responsible for the production, preparation and portioning of beverages, desserts, salads and snacks for the patient/resident population, in quantities determined by the cook’s tally of therapeutic diet items and patient/resident selective preferences. Sets up the hot food bar for the employee dining room. Dishwashing, cleaning and sanitizing as needed.
- Performs production, preparation and portioning of specific cold food items as indicated on cycle menu, in quantities accurate to the cook’s tally sheet.
- Utilizes extended spread sheet for diet and portion control specification
- Prepares dining room tables for residents with beverages, appetizers and condiments per menu selection and/or therapeutic diet requirements. Also ensures that adaptive devices are in place as required
- Dishwashing and sanitizing as required
- Assists fellow staff with patient/resident room trays assembly and delivery
- Assists fellow staff to provide timely serving of residents at meal time, following meal time schedule
- Provides assistance to residents at meal time, i.e., cutting meats, opening packets, beverage service, plate set up with adaptive devices and menu assistance
- Maintain compliance with County and State Health Department guidelines on food handling, personal hygiene and dress
- Assists fellow staff with cleaning and bussing dining room tables after breakfast and lunch meal times
- Completes daily work/tasks within shift schedule
- Works cooperatively with other departments to promote good facility relations
- Maintains compliance with EPH and departmental policies and procedures
- Participates in departmental CQI activities as requested
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Food service experience, preferred. Occasional lifting to 50 lbs
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English
For more information about this opportunity, call 970-577-4458 and ask for the Human Resources Department, or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.