Facilities Manager – Internal Only – JOB# 1620
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
The EPH Facilities Manager coordinates and controls activities of the Facilities Department. The Manager will work with the COO to ensure conformance to Life Safety standards for the Environment of Care as defined by EPH’s accreditation bureau and by CMS. The manager will oversee construction, remodeling, and building upgrade projects, and will maintain all appropriate communication with administration, peers, and staff. The Facilities Manager will create expense budgets, and work to keep expenses within budget during the fiscal year. The Manager will assign tasks and delegate responsibility to various staff members and ensure that job assignments are being completed on-time and accurately for the various EPH departments.
SHIFT: Full time days, M-F, 8 hr shifts.
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Certified Healthcare Engineer (CHE) or Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) desirable but not required; High School graduate w/ 4 – 6 years healthcare or similar facility
- Must be familiar w/safety and fire codes; knowledge of CMS and state healthcare requirements a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable of equipment specifications, inspection procedures, and applicable codes.
- Ability to anticipate problems and work effectively to resolve issues.
- Experience with purchasing of facilities maintenance supplies and services.
- Strong computer skills, including email, Microsoft Office functions, etc.
- Very strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to physicians, peers, administration, staff.
- Very strong project managements skills.
- Personable and strong leadership skills, business acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Directs daily department operations to achieve quality, fiscal, productivity, and customer-service goals.
- Works with COO to ensure that the CMS and accreditation bureau (in 2021, that’s DNV) Environment of Care standards are met, including Utility Systems, Fire Protection, other safety components, and other key EOC components.
- Achieves set objectives within budgetary limits and in accordance with all regulatory licensing, codes and standards.
- Provides excellent customer service to the EPH physicians, leadership, and staff in support of quality patient care.
- Evaluates and codes bills for maintenance and utilities.
- Review, approve, and submit timekeeping data for staff. Review and approve employee time off requests as needed. Provides staff training and education, and interviews, hires, evaluates, and disciplines staff as needed.
- Prepares facilities budget.
- Maintains records for the maintenance department in accordance with CMS, state, OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and DNV standards.
- Hires construction contractors and works with major construction contractors to complete committed projects on time.
- Purchases necessary minor/major equipment, supplies, parts, etc.
- Maintains and participates in a call schedule for 24 hour/7 day a week/365 days a year of facility coverage.
- Creates and manages preventative maintenance schedule for all major equipment under the purview of the facilities department.
- Advises administration on all major maintenance repair and grounds problems.
- Manages physical space, including satellite buildings and departments, relocation of equipment and departments, and landscaping.
- Demonstrates knowledge of major systems and operations: boilers, HVAC, medical gas systems, mechanical-electrical systems energy management systems, code compliance and enforcement, blueprint and construction
- Maintains knowledge and ensures compliance on rules, regulations, licensure accreditation, and laws applicable to hospital and department operations.
- Consults with executives and managers on plans and programs pertaining to construction projects.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Hiring range depending on experience is $36.53 to $45.66
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.