Epic Ambulatory Specialist/Superuser – Full Time – Job #1501
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
SUMMARY: Reporting to the clinic director, the Epic Ambulatory Superuser provides immediate, real-time support for physicians and staff in the Physician Clinic. The individual must be very well-versed in all functions & workflows in regard to Epic Ambulatory and remains available during the business week for any physician or staff question or request for assistance. While supplemented by point-in-time training opportunities, this position will be the primary assistant to help develop fluency in the clinic in the use of our centralized EHR.
Full Time, M-F, 8hr days
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with physicians, staff, administration, and outside agencies.
- Ability to lead educational events – 1:1 and group settings.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use common computer applications, including MS Office functions, remote-access tools, and various EHR systems.
- Be present in the physician clinic during regular weekday hours for real-time consultation and assistance to physicians and other staff in regard to proper and best-practice Epic usage.
- Provide targeted, focused, scheduled sessions as needed for physicians or other staff to address specific accumulated areas for improvement.
- Keep up on training in Epic changes and updates to be able to assist with taking advantage of changes and improvements in the system.
- Participate in the Epic oversight calls with informatics and others to understand issues and direction.
- Understand the ambulatory downtime process thoroughly and take the lead to help when downtime occurs.
- Have some level of availability after hours and for extended weekday hours as needed for physicians working outside normal weekday hours.
- Help troubleshoot when clinic physicians or staff experience problems.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of the workflows in the physician clinic and seek ways to improve workflows.
- Provides documentation and tools to physicians where appropriate.
- Helps develop other designated superusers in the physician clinic to ensure that there are eventually multiple superusers. When there is turnover in the superuser ranks, help identify and train others in that role.
- Collaborates with informaticists to develop, coordinate, and assist with educational materials and learning opportunities.
- Communicates effectively and thoroughly with management, in a timely and relevant fashion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hiring range depending on experience is $26.03 to $32.54
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.