Emergency Department Technician – PRN – JOB# 1465
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado, is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Our full-service Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day/seven days a week and staffed by board-certified physicians and nurses. With a Level IV Trauma Designation, we care for adults and children with serious and minor injuries, illnesses and other emergent needs including:
- Cardiac Care
- Stroke Care
- Sepsis Care
Should it become necessary, our team coordinates all aspects of inpatient transfers and referrals, including transport via ground (ambulance) or helicopter.
The Emergency Department Technicians work alongside physicians and nurses assisting with the care of emergency and trauma patients.
PRN as needed, 36 hrs a week, 12 hr shifts which can vary M-F 7 to 7 and every other weekend. *The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Requires a High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience can be variable but a minimum of six months is preferred.
- Current State of Colorado EMT-B certification, with EMT-IV preferred.
- Current BLS required, ACLS, TNCC and PALS certifications a plus
- Duties include vital signs measurement, laboratory specimen obtainment, wound care, orthopedic splinting and assistance with procedures.
- Technicians may be expected to assist in treatment for traumatic injuries and stabilization of patients.
- Ability to work in an environment of strict confidentiality and maintain such an environment, both at work and in off-hours.
- Participates in committees and/or community events as a member of EPH.
- Performs in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Performs in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties associated.
Hiring rate depending on experience is $15.50 to $19.37 + PRN differential
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.