Director of Home Health Care/Hospice – JOB# 1446
Director of Home Health Care/Hospice
About Estes Park Health:
Estes Park Colorado, is a non-profit critical access healthcare facility in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. Founded in 1975 by the residents of Estes Park. Estes Park Health is the community’s comprehensive health-care resource with a focus on superior, compassionate care that consistently receives high patient-satisfaction scores.
Estes Park Health serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and Urgent Care Services.
Benefits of Living in Estes Park:
- Very desirable, resort-style living minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park (gateway to RMNP).
- Year-round destination entices adventurers, explorers, and photographers.
- Hiking, backpacking, cycling, mountain biking, back country skiing, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Maintain healthy work-life balance!
The Director of Home Health Care/Hospice organizes and directs the agency’s ongoing liaison among the governing body, the group of personnel, and the staff.
- Must be a current licensed physician, registered nurse for other licensed healthcare professional or have experience and education in health service administration.
- American Heart Association CPR/BLS provider certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must have at least two years healthcare or health service administration experience with at least one year of supervisory experience in home care or a closely related health program.
- Provides leadership for Professional Advisory Committee.
- Assures responsibility for the department during absence.
- Hire, orient, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Assure that program is adequately staffed in conjunction with the clinical supervisor.
- Adhere to the Conditions of participation of both Home Care and Hospice assuring high quality of care.
- Develop, implement and review Policies and Procedures.
- Submit and analyze state data and QI EPMC.
- Assure patient confidentiality.
- Monthly variance reports to Administrator of Patient Care Services.
- Prepare and monitor budget.
- Participate in capital budget expenditures and cost reports.
- Effective communication and planning with the physicians, community, EPMC, Department Leaders, staff and payers.
- Marketing of program to grow volume of services.
- Develop strategic plan for programs consistent with EPMC strategic plan.
- Annual evaluation of services.
- Assure plan for continuing education of staff in compliance with regulations (i.e. : licensure, COP)
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals
- All other duties as assigned
$40.00 – $45.28 hiring range depending on experience.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time regular and part time positions!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.